Salary: Not disclosed
Experience: 3 to 6 years
Qualification: Bachelors or Masters Degree from a reputed University/Institute.
- Checking that writers have provided all the required materials and paperwork for editing purpose.
- Correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Fact-checking of dates, names, places, events, factual statements, processes and procedures, definitions of specialized terms, usage appropriate to the topics, facts in fiction selections, information in captions, labels, sidebars, timelines, maps, charts, graphs, diagrams, photographs, and illustrations.
- It may also sometimes be required to write headlines and subheads for articles.
- Sub-editing text written by a number of authors/writers to ensure consistent house style with reference to Associated Press.
- To work closely with writers and suggest changes to enhance articles’ readability, conciseness and style.
- Producing or working to a style checklist based on Associated Press to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references and manage editorial queries.
- Maintaining awareness of new words or phrases coming into popular usage with a view to ensuring they’re appropriate for the readership.
- Coding manuscripts for design features, such as hierarchy of headings, to instruct the production team.
- Creating artwork briefs to detail the content of illustrations.
- Ensuring that illustrations are correctly captioned and referred to in the text.
- Retrieving articles from archives and rearranging within publications.
- Seeking permission to reproduce copyright material, for print and online publication in perpetuity, must be cleared and if necessary paid by the author/writer.
- Ensuring that publications are prepared on budget and within the given schedule.
Contact Person: Neha (0124-6642908)